About the institute
Our institute combines – with direct clinical relevance – the five research areas:
- Imaging & Image-based therapy planning
- Data-driven modeling and AI
- Cardiovascular modeling & simulations
- Metabolic and biophysical simulations in system medicine
- Development & application of experimental methods for the validation of numerical models
You are here:
The Institute of Computer-assisted Cardiovascular Medicine was founded in March 2017 and is located on the Virchow Campus of Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin since then.
It represents the field in teaching and research. Students from a wide range of disciplines are trained at the institute including future physicians, mathematicians, computer scientists, physicists and engineers. The research staff is involved in national and international collaborative projects and in various cooperations with industrial partners, which include joint research projects, contract research, product testing/optimization and fluid simulation.